Friday, September 30, 2016

A Litle Flawed And That Is Okay

Good afternoon all, 
I am still in the process of making my own book, here is what I have done so far. I added the leather to the cover and started and molded the spine ribs under the leather on the spine, I made the mistake of gluing the top down first before doing some trimming so I tried to trim it anyway thus showing the white. I ran out of super glue so hubby ordered more for me and will finish up with gluing down the spine. I am waiting for the silver corner pieces to get here, which are coming from Michael's, and the screw posts which are coming from China. Will have to do some touch up on the spine inside as it's pulling, I'll use super glue to do that.  This is a practice one and so I am learning as I go. I have enough supplies to make another book or two. I feel proud of my work, never thought I could do something like this, when you're told all of your life, until hubby came along,  that nothing you can ever do can make anyone proud of you, and being told you can't do that, you doubt yourself and don't have confidence. Doing this book has helped me with that, I can do it, and it has flaws but so do I and that is okay.
                                           added the leather to the front and back
                            Leather on the spine and molded the ribs underneath. 

UPDATE: 11/10/2016
I started over on my book and finished it last month. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment