Wednesday, September 28, 2016

Making Lemonade Out Of Lemons

Good Morning and Merry Meet,
I have come to the conclusion that I am never getting my book of shadows from magickally made, she claims she sent it but I am seeing no sign of it, ah well what can I do.?  Anyway this got me thinking, why don't I make my own book, So that is what I am doing, watched a great youtube video series entitled Charmed Book of Shadows tutorial by jamiebookofshadows.

I was worried I wasn't going to be able to do this but after three attempts on getting the spine sturdy I did it,
Cardboard mailing tube for the spine, with chipboard medium weight, 9x12 sheet inside and I asked my neighbor to cut 9x12 wooden boards for me which he kindly did. I wouldn't recommend using printer paper I did and it ripped with I tried to glue the boards to it. 

added the ribbons, and three charms, one a crescent moon, a dragon fly and a pentacle, I'll order a butterfly and fairy next time I order supplies in Oct.
used twine to make the mold for the spine ribs, I am waiting on the leather and screw posts, can't believe I am almost done just need to add leather and the inside to hold the screws that holds the paper and the beautiful hand marbled end leaf paper, my butterfly is on it's way.

The end leaves, the picture doesn't do it justice, it looks a lot better in person, I am also going to try to figure out how to do a strap and buckle closure on my book.

So I was given a lemon and decided to make lemonade,
Joy! I found the buckle that she was going to use on my book,
https://www.caboots.com/cart/product/celtic_buckle_set_1andquot/


No comments:

Post a Comment