Saturday, September 24, 2016

Fall

Good Morning and Bright Blessings, I hope you are all doing well this morning, don't you just love fall? I do, living here in California, I don't get to experience fall like I did when I lived in the midwest, I miss the leaves falling off of the trees and crackling under my feet as I walked, I missed the smell in the air, the way the leaves smelled as they got wet from the heavy dew, the smell of the chill in the air, and the scent of a neighbor burning the leaves.  I long for caramel apples, and popcorn balls, warm cider and hot tea, perhaps some hot soup and warm bread.  I am looking forward so Samhain, it seems I come alive more during the fall, oh how I am itchy to be witchy again.  I am also getting excited as my supplies for me to make my own book of shadows will be here soon. I have also started working on one of my books that I am writing , again. 
I haven't been paying attention and completely forgot it was Mabon, So I send belated Mabon, or Autumn Equinox blessings to you and yours.  I must have subconsciously remembered as the first day of I did make baked chicken, butternut squash, jalapeno and cheddar bread that my husband brought home along with a pumpkin pie and cherry pie out of the blue, so we did have that on the 21st. 
How do you celebrate Mabon? What traditions do you and your family have, what part of fall do you love best, please feel free to leave comments. ?
 

No comments:

Post a Comment