Tuesday, April 26, 2016

Taking Back My Life.

Dear Me,
Today I have decided to take back my life, to start living for me, to start being happy for me, to start doing what I know is best for me, to start taking care of myself.  I will try to not get discouraged as I try to shed this weight that I am carrying around, I will try not to let the shallow people get me down that will whisper and sneer, and talk about how fat I am, I won't listen to them as they make comments, they do not know any better and the only way they can make themselves look good and feel good is to put others down, I won't wish that I looked like some super model, for that look is not healthy and will only make me doubt myself more and hate myself for trying to look like that and failing, I won't get mad at myself if I want to eat a cheeseburger and fries, I will, just make sure that I work out more, I promise to not skip meals, and to drink more water, and to not get down on myself, I won't get upset if I skip a day of working out, but I will promise to move more. I will not feel guilt or shame or fear for being the way I am, I won't get upset at the pace I am going now, because baby steps are better than no steps. One day one pound, one moment at a time.  I will try not to hide anymore and I will try to let myself shine more, because baby I am worth it, I am alive, I am free, I am me. So today, I make a vow to take back my life. 

No comments:

Post a Comment