Tuesday, April 12, 2016

Going To Hell?

I just came out of the broom closet about eight months ago. I have been told by some people that I was going to hell and that I was crazy to believe there is another God/Goddess besides the Christian God.  That I should be celebrating Christian Holidays, as I was raised Southern Baptist and how could I turn my back on the way I was raised, that it's just a phase I am going through as this is a new age religion,  So let's address this, for one I do not believe anymore that I am going to go to hell, I do not believe in the concept of hell or Satan.  Other Gods/Goddesses, Long before Jesus was born, people were worshiping other Gods/Goddesses, it was God himself that said thou shalt have no other Gods before me, so for me he is saying yep there are other Gods but you must worship only me. As for the Christian Holidays, well those are pagan holidays, Christmas=Yule, Easter= Ostara, Halloween=Samhain, Mabon=Thanksgiving, etc. New Age religion?  Nope not new, witchcraft and the craft has been around long before Christianity, it has always been around, we just had to hide or face another burning times and Salem. Wicca, has been around since the fifties, I believe, so yes it is fairly new, however, I consider myself wiccan/witch, I try to follow both,.  I never turned my back, I always felt like something was missing when I would sit in church, I also did not like how there was a lot of back stabbing, gossiping, and "You're going to hell if you do this and this "., etc. When I got the calling from my Goddess and I made that decision to answer and to obey, I felt at such peace, I felt like I came home. Another reason, Wiccans have more respect for each other than any I have ever seen, we go out of our way to help those that we can, Also, this is the only religion that I have seen that does not commit murder in the name of their God. 

No comments:

Post a Comment