Thursday, April 14, 2016

Incense, Herbs, Oils Oh My.

Today I want to talk about Incense, Herbs and Oils.  I have been watching emberhoney raven on youtube as well as Lady Gravedancer  https://www.youtube.com/user/EmberHoneyraven/videos
These ladies are wonderful and full of knowledge and great tips on where to get incense, herbs and oils, as well as other things. I found two great recipes I want to try, I'll add them here later on.  Once website is called thedipper.com.  They have all kinds of incense, I ordered some from them on the 12th of this month and they will arrive on Sat. So I will get back to you on what they smell like and such. Another website I want to try is mountainroseherbs.com I looked at their website and they have a lot of herbs as well as teas and oils and other things. I'll order from them next month. I told my husband I wish I were rich as there are so many witchy things I want to buy.  
I am the one who always gets sick, every year with a cold, so I was browsing youtube and watching Ember HoneyRaven and she mentioned LadyGraveDancer, so I checked her out and lo and behold I found something for natural cold and flu lozenges, which I am going to try to make next month, I'll go ahead and put the recipe in here as well as a link to the video.  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V4MFbQOwV7Y
What you'll need is:
1- 1 1/2 cups of whatever herbal tea you wish, I would recommend Echinacea root, lavender, peppermint blend.
2 cups of sugar
honey.
in a pot pour in cups of already brewed tea with the sugar, boil on stove for 20 mins stir constantly, do not stop stirring add honey during the boil phase, when it starts to get very thick remove from heat and quickly fill small ice cube tray (I recommend the small pop out trays you can get them on amazon for 8.00 bucks for three of them) fill half way with mix let sit until hard, if you don't have ice cube trays you can use parchment paper and put small teaspoon size, when harden you can roll them in powered sugar. Store in air tight container and take one a day or when you feel a cold coming on. 

The next one I want to try is also from TheLadyGraveDancer on youtube this is oil for pain. So if you have arthritis, joint pain, sore muscles rub this on the area and it is supposed to work, I haven't tried it yet, I will when I get the herbs next month. 
According to Lady Grave dancer you will need:
1 quart mason jar, cleaned, blessed, with a lid, and a sharpie to mark on the lid. 
1 Palm full of white willow bark
1 1/2 palm full of st. john's wort
2 1/4 cups of chamomile
2 cinnamon sticks
1 quartz crystal chip
grape seed oil or olive oil. 
 put all of the herbs in the jar fill half full with oil, saying a blessing each time you put in a herb, seal lid tightly shake very well, write the date on top of the lid of the day you made it, let sit for 4 weeks, shaking every day twice a day. After four weeks strain the liquid from the herbs put in a clean jar, store in dark area. Apply externally to sore muscles, joints. 
*PLEASE CONSULT YOUR DOCTOR BEFORE TAKING ANY HERBAL SUPPLEMENTS*
*I AM NOT A DOCTOR NOR A PHYSICIAN, NOR CLAIM TO BE ONE. USE THESE RECIPES AT YOUR OWN DISCRETION I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY SIDE EFFECTS THAT MAY HAPPEN OR INJURY.*


I am also going to check vitacost for oils, I just looked at their site and it is a vitamin company but they also sell oils, You will have to do a search in the search bar for what you want but they look reasonable in price.  I hope you enjoyed this post and these tips and I may today to a post about all the websites that I have found that I love and have great products.   

No comments:

Post a Comment