Wednesday, June 13, 2018

Litha

Hello and merry meet everyone, I hope you are doing well today. 
Can you believe that it is almost summer and also the time for Litha, What are you going to be doing on Litha? I think Hubby and I are going to have a picnic, maybe have some french bread, some cheese, grapes, cucumber, hummus, some sliced turkey or chicken, iced tea for me and not sure what for him to drink and I think we may go to the park.  

What is Litha? For me it is the time to honor the Sun God, also the longest day of the year, it is celebrated on or around the first day of summer normally the 21st of June or as close as you can get, so I guess it would be 20-22nd.  This is a time to worship the sun and fire plays a big part, from burning a balefire to lighting candles.  It was a time to celebrate the crops that have grown and thrived, knowing that harvest was around the corner.  

You could decorate your altar by using reds, golds, yellows, summer flowers,such as sunflowers, and herbs, maybe sunflower seeds, perhaps feed the birds the seeds or enjoy them yourself, 

Foods to eat for your litha feast could include
Summer veggies and fruit
Bread, milk, cheese, fish, chicken, fruit breads, cakes, pies, wines

light some sandalwood incense 

Make a pinwheel or a solar wheel or a witches ladder, reaffirm yourself to the God and Goddess. 

This is also the time for hand fasting and weddings. 

No matter how you celebrate the day, I hope you make the most of it and enjoy it and have a blessed and beautiful day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment