Thursday, September 6, 2018

Learning To Stand Again

Merry Meet All,
I know it's been awhile. So I am now down to 326 pounds I believe, I will weigh tomorrow. If that is the case then I have lost a total of 60 pounds. My darling husband just bought me a standing desk converter, what this does it sits on your current desk and you can raise it up and down to go from sitting to standing.  I have really let my body go, I used to be able to stand for hours and now I can hardly stand at all, so today when my desk got here, I started standing every thirty mins for five mins at a time. I am not going to get discouraged, I am going to take it one day at a time. Yesterday I did a 20 min ddp yoga session, I did 30 squats while holding five pound weights in each hand, and then worked out my arms with said weights. I am determined to get rid of at least forty more pounds, to hit my goal of 100 pounds, I also have a goal to start walking again like I did when we lived at the beach and walked the boardwalk three miles a night.  It's so easy to put the weight on and so hard to get off, but this time, I am determined, I have cut out a lot of sodium and now working on cutting out a lot of sugar.  I am also slowly cutting out red meat and am going to try to the Beyond Meat, Beyond Burger product. If you are struggling to loose weight and feel like you can't do it or don't know how to start, well start by cutting sodium down, it may seem hard, but it's not, I make my own taco seasoning, I make my own pasta sauce, not hard at all I just experiment with spices. Like 21 season salute, from Trader Joe's or an all season blend from Costco, I use whole tomatoes when I make my pasta sauce, I just put them in the blender with spices and a bit of water and then just blend it and heat it, it is very good. If you can't hardly walk or get up, I recommend DDP Yoga I'll add the link https://www.ddpyoganow.com/ 
I am telling you this works, about two years ago I could hardly stand due to lower back and hip pain, I was doubled over in pain in the shower, I was about to give up thinking I was going to end up in a wheel chair, I saw this video https://vimeo.com/150671078 
and I was like I am going to order this dvd set, my husband got it for me, I started out with the chair warrior, doing 16 mins a day, I thought to myself, this is not going to work. Then I watched the video again and again and again, and  I kept at the DDP, I started dropping weight, I started to be able to walk a bit without pain, I now no longer have the back pain or the hip pain, I do admit that I did slack off starting in April as I went through a health issue and major depression but now I am back at it, and if I can do this, you can do this, I started cutting sodium, I starting eating smaller portions, started cutting out a lot of red meat, going meatless two days a week, drinking fruit smoothies, I don't miss the salt and trust me I used to be salt freak. Salt on everything, when I went low sodium after a month, I started tasting flavors the actual food, I can now say things have way too much salt in them, like french fries, I still eat fries, a small, I still get a cheeseburger, I still eat ice cream, I still eat pizza, cauliflower crust pizza from Trader Joes, or Costco, I make homemade mac and cheese, I eat potatoes, but I go low sodium, and smaller portions. You have to figure out what works for you, there is no easy solution and no quick fix, it's all up to you, I tell myself if I don't do this I am doing to die sooner than what I should be. I got my blood pressure down at last check from 151/96 to 138/87. I also drink more water, 80-120 ounces a day, I do still drink coke zero, I have one a day, sometimes one a week, it all depends on what I want to do, you don't have to deny yourself, or starve yourself. I am also getting a fitbit charge 3 for Christmas that is what I asked hubby to get me, I am loving my instapot, made a pot roast in it that was so tender it was falling apart and only in 30 mins. Baby steps, start out small, have faith in yourself and the wanting to do it. If you need help please ask me if you need support contact me here is my facebook page  https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100010708119100&ref=bookmarks 
When you ask for a friend request send me a message that you found me via my blog. 
So I just wanted to check in with you, and let you know I am learning to stand again. Blessed Be, Everyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment