Thursday, September 27, 2018

Backburner Friend

Hey Y'all, Does anyone ever feel like what's in the picture above? If you don't know what a back burner friend is then let me tell you. A back burner friend is that friend who another friend won't contact or hang out with until they have no one else to talk to or have nothing to do, then suddenly they remember oh, I have back burner friend I can count on to answer or hang out when I am ready for them. Once non back burner friend has places to go and things to do you are put on the back burner once again.  

See I have a friend like this, if she is busy with other people or has plans, I don't hear from her for days or weeks, until suddenly, you guessed it, she remembers that I exist.  She'll text me and find out how I am doing. We try to make plans, I have canceled on her a few times due to my issues, and she has on me as well that is understandable, however, when I do text her about getting together, she has to check her calendar and pencil me in, and if I am lucky I get a morning spot for an hour or two because she might have plans later in the afternoon or right after my time is up, Really?! You can't make one whole day for me? See with me and her,she has to get back to me when she is free. We have never gone to the movies together, I have yet to meet her boyfriend, whom she has been dating for awhile, I have even suggested and asked that she, her boyfriend, I and my hubby get together and have dinner someplace, she tells me oh that sounds great we need to do that, I ask okay talk to boyfriend and you two come up with a date and time and let me know never hear back from her, I have asked and suggested a few times, I also have yet to really meet her friend of 20 some years, I think I got to say hello briefly to her other friend, but yet we three have never hung out together and have a movie, pizza night, and I have asked her on several occasions to come over to my house on the days that hubby is out late  having dinner with his mom, which as he does every Tuesday night, or on the day once a month when he goes to his friend's house for dinner, she never comes over or tells me she can't. See I feel like I am being taken for granted, now mind you all, I can text her, but see I don't like doing that when people are working, see I feel if you're at work then you shouldn't be messing with your phone unless it's on your own time. You say well text her and let her answer you at lunch problem is she has her phone by her or near her at her desk, oh and another thing when she and I do get together she is messing with her phone, texting, or checking things or calling other people or talking to someone else, I feel that that is just plain rude. Anyway I feel that she feels or knows that oh Tracy will be around when I have nothing else to do or don't have anyone else to hang out with and Tracy will be willing to hang out. My husband has asked me why do you have her in your life if she is treating you that way and hardly has time for you? Good question, I am starting to wonder that myself, you see this girl is getting tired of being a back burner friend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment