Sunday, January 15, 2017

Thanks, But No Thanks.

I want to get something off my chest a bit of a rant I guess, the other day I was visiting with one of my friends, who is Christian, we are talking and she says to me I am getting baptized, I would like you to be there, I said sure I'll try to make it. It's quiet for a moment and she says but don't wear anything wiccan, and I blink and in my head I am saying what do you think I am going to wear a black robe and black dress with a witches hat and boots? The only thing I wear is my pentacle with my jeans and a t-shirt, my pentacle is a butterfly with a small pentacle in the center. I started to tell her well that would be like me asking you not to wear your cross if I were to invite you to anything. Which as I would never tell someone of a different religion they cannot wear their cross, star of David, pentacle, baphomet, whatever. I felt hurt.  I am also tired of walking on egg shells, she even questioned something about my past and I am like, really?!, just because I don't come out and say everything, I have told her a little bit about what I went through and such, I would never question her, I felt like it was pick on me day.  I have decided to just keep my distance, I am trying to find my own way and grow in my path and my beliefs. So in answer to her asking me to her baptism, thanks but no thanks. 

No comments:

Post a Comment