Thursday, May 10, 2018

Cellulitis and Breakdown

Merry Meet All,
I have been out of the loop for a month and a half due to getting cellulitis, if you don't know what that is, it's a skin infection caused by Staph, you know those little nasty bacteria creatures living on our bodies?  On April 7th my cat's claw punctured my leg and I did the usual, clean it out, put bandage on it, the next day I started running a fever of 103 felt like I had the flu, I woke up on the 9th to my leg being all red from the ankle to just below my knee, I googled, yep I know, and It came up with the symptoms of cellulitis, well off to the Dr. I went, my leg wasn't really swollen, the skin felt tight and it looked like I got a sunburn, as I did sit in the sun for maybe five mins, Dr. confirmed that it was and gave me antibiotics, for ten days, I had to keep leg elevated throughout the day, after a week I was all better, but if I had waited and didn't go, thinking it was only a sunburn, it could have been much worse, so as I was recovering, I had a break down, anxiety got the better of me and I didn't want to get out of bed for almost two weeks, during that time I couldn't really eat or sleep, I lost ten pounds in one week, I went from 338 to 328. I am now better and have to wear compression stockings, I am supposed to be resting this week as I had a break down like I said, just not to long ago, I am only on the computer long enough to update this blog.  Depression, anxiety and panic and health anxiety are no fun and I feel for those that struggle with it as well.  So if you get a flea bite, bee or wasp sting, cat bite, cat scratch, dog bite, human bite, any cut, you are at risk for cellulitis, do not scratch the area with your nails, clean out wound promptly with soap and water and use an anti bacterial cream or tea tree oil around the wound, and bandage it, to prevent getting cellulitis, if you want to know how bad it can get or more about it, look it up.  

No comments:

Post a Comment