Thursday, February 15, 2018

Danu, Mother Goddess

Merry Meet Y'all, 
I meant to post this yesterday but I had therapy and didn't have much time nor felt like doing anything.  

So today I want  to do a post about the Mother Goddess, Danu, She is also one of the Goddess' I work with.  I feel such a deep connection with her, as I am drawn to water and to the earth. She was the first Goddess to make herself known to me. 


 Danu Means “the Flowing One”. She is shrouded in mystery, she is very popular but little is known of her.  We do know she was considered the most ancient of all the Celtic deities.  She is the great mother of the gods, of Ireland and the divine creator who birthed all things into being. She is also an earth goddess. She is connected to the Fairy Hills and has associations with Dolmens also known as a portal tomb, or portal graves.  She is the Mother of The Tuatha De Danann, the Irish Gods, which literally means the Children of Danu. All the Danann can trace their Lineage back to her.
She is known for:
Blessings, creating, earth goddess, foretelling, a great Goddess, great mother, health, luck, magic, Moon goddess, prosperity, Goddess of the Sorceress, success water of all bodies, wisdom.
Colors:  Blue, White Sliver, green
Elements:  Water and earth
Seasons:  Imbolc and Lammas also known as Lughnasadh.
Tarot: the Empress
Aspects Mother, she is the  mother of the cycle of the maiden mother Crone.
Animals Mares, snakes, fish like the salmon. Seagulls,
Divination: water Scrying 
Essences: Her scent is Amber any other "water" scents as rivers and all flowing waters - including the sea - are her domain
Trees: Rowan tree, the Apple tree, the Hawthorne tree 
Stones: River stones, any stones that have a natural hole in it as it is the way to fae. Holy stones amber, gold
Symbols: rivers, sea, flowing water, air, wind, earth, moon, keys and crowns. And a cauldron of water
Regions:  Ireland and India, most of Europe
Attributes:  New beginnings, Chaos, Cosmos, Creation, Creativity, Fertility, Manifestations, oceans, and all other bodies of water, Transformation.
 
Ritual
Ritual Supplies:
Matches
Sage
Water
Salt
1 White Candle
1 Red Candle
1 Black Candle
Cakes and Ale

Wand
Chalice
Small Cauldron
Charcoal
incense


Start
Light Sage and cleanse self
light charcoal  
cleanse and cast circle
mix salt and water
bless circle
call quarters
invoke Goddess
Recite purpose for Ritual (To Honor Goddess In her 3 aspects)
Preform prayer lighting candles as each aspect is addressed in the prayer
meditate and raise power
release power
Give Thanks
cakes and ale
Thanks Goddess
release quarters
close circle

A Prayer to the Mother Danu
By: StormPheonix

Oh great mother, Listen to the woes of your Daughter.  I need your Guidance and your Wisdom.  Shine your blessed light down on me and guide my path. Walk with me as I learn your mysteries. Help me if I stumble and I will be strong.  Bless the ones I love, my family, my friends, and my sisters.  As I honor you, bless them with your love and light sweet mother. Help me let go of fear and the pain of my past, to move forward with your truth, guide and bless my Spirit which I dedicate to you with all my heart. Thank you mother Danu, Blessed Be
 

No comments:

Post a Comment