Thursday, November 9, 2017

Blood Pressure, DDP Yoga, and Me.

Hello and Merry Meet, 
 I want to talk about something serious, blood pressure, I have never thought about mine, it has been in the 150/92-86 range for as long as I can remember, never thought about it since I was feeling fine.  I went my psych appointment, my blood pressure was taken it was down 147/92, I was like sweet it's down, he informed me that if it keeps up and doesn't come down, I should go see a doctor and talk about getting on meds, Meds! nope no way no how, so now I am doing research, bought some hibiscus tea, reading up on dash plans and how to lower sodium, I have lost weight, went from 385 to 350, I started back up doing DDP Yoga again as of today, I broke down crying and said I am done with this, now it's time to get serious and start eating healthy, I know healthy foods don't taste as good as the junk food, fast food etc, I have cut sodium a lot but not enough, I still reach for the soda, coke zero sugar, which as it has caffeine. I still reach for the Doritos, and ice cream and reese's cups, but now it's time to stop, hubby brought home Harvest snap crisps, they are sugar snap peas fried or baked, very low fat and sodium and sugar, I was skeptical at first and then tried them and I love them. I think instead of counting calories I am going to worry about sodium and fat intake.

I today so far have had two hard boiled eggs, no salt no butter,(used to add salt and butter to them), one cup of greek yogurt, with fresh strawberries that my mother in law prepared for me and sent home with my darling hubby, she put some sugar in them but ah well, so I added that to the yogurt and ate that and I am stuffed, my goal is to eat more fruit and veggies, I hardly eat any, wasn't really raised by parents who were big veggie eaters either, it was either potatoes, green beans, corn, with red meat, mac and cheese and fries, and bread, a lot of processed foods, with salt, and butter and drinking three to four cans of soda a day, now I have one 20 ounce bottle a day, yesterday I didn't have one and my goal today is to not have one as well, my goal is to also drink two and a half liters of water a day. I need to do this, for my blood pressure, and for me. 

Breakfast:
Two Hard Boiled Eggs, no salt no butter = 124 mg of sodium and 3.2 grams of sat fat. 
Kirkland Organic Green Yogurt 50mg sodium. 
Water.

Exercise: 16 mins of DDP Yoga Chair Warrior, (starting over). 

No comments:

Post a Comment